Deadline September 30, 2016! The Land Trust is seeking your photos of people enjoying outdoor recreation in the Finger Lakes region. You can be a professional or amateur photographer — everyone is invited to enter! See below for prizes and terms.
We are collecting photos that will be used to advance conservation through our web site, social media, print pieces, and an awesome NEW web site (coming soon!) that will highlight the top outdoor destinations in the Finger Lakes region. We need photos of people getting outside — see the list of activities below. Photos must be taken in the 12-county region. Your photos will be credited when we use them… and you can win a prize!
The photographer with the best photo will receive 2 $80 gift certificates for equipment rental at Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS), which has retail outlets around the region. Your credit can be applied toward gear such as kayaks, 2- and 4-person tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, and snowshoes. (If you think that you won’t be able to use the EMS rental credit, you could opt for a copy of the Leopold book, see below.)
Second & Third Prizes
The photographers who take second and third place will each receive a 9″ x 12″ hardbound edition of Aldo Leopold’s A Sand County Almanac with photographs by Michael Sewell. This is a seminal book in conservation history and a visually inspiring edition.
- The following outdoor activities are eligible subject matter: hiking, camping, canoeing, kayaking, running, mountain biking, birding, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
- Photo location must be on conserved land in the 12-county Finger Lakes region. Examples include: Our nature preserves, state forests, state parks, Finger Lakes National Forest, and county parks. The 12-county region includes: Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Livingston, Onondaga, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Yates.
- Submit 3-10 photos to be entered into the contest.
- All photos must be your own.
- Photos must not have been previously submitted to the Land Trust.
- Photo file size must be at least 2500 pixels wide (on the long edge) or larger.
- By submitting images, you are giving the Finger Lakes Land Trust permission to use the images in company communications such as our web sites, social media sites, printed publications, etc. Your images will appear with credit wherever possible.
- Note: Please do not process your images heavily (e.g., saturation), as that could limit our ability to use the images in different contexts (e.g., web or print).
Photos will be judged on creativity, quality, and originality by Land Trust staff. The deadline for submissions is Friday, September 30 at 5 PM. Please email images to email@example.com.
Contact Edie Jodz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (607) 275-9487.