DATE & TIME
Thursday, June 30 and Friday, July 1, 2022
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (each day)
Wilderness First Aid is a two-day introduction to emergency medical response in the backcountry. It is designed for people who love outdoor activities, and are wondering what to do if we, or our fellow hikers, backpackers, cyclists, kayakers, or skiers, have an accident or medical problem out on the trail or water.
- Scene & Patient Assessment
- Head & Spinal Injuries
- Wounds and Burns
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Abdominal, Respiratory, and Cardiac Issues
- Cold & Heat
- Wilderness First Aid Scenarios
Course Instructor: Todd Miner, Ed.D, FAWM, Director of Education & Senior Instructor in Emergency and Wilderness Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Todd is generously donating his time, talents, and a portion of the proceeds from the course to the Finger Lakes Land Trust.
This two-day course will be held in a private building near the Lindsay Parsons Biodiversity Preserve in West Danby, NY. Directions will be shared after registration.
$195 for members of the Finger Lakes Land Trust; $225 for non-members. If you are not already a member and would like to join, click here.
Payment must be received by June 10 or course enrollment will be canceled.
(1) By check made out to the Finger Lakes Land Trust. Please write “WFA Class” in memo line.
Mail to: Finger Lakes Land Trust
202 East Court St, Ithaca
(2) With a credit card by calling the Finger Lakes Land Trust at (607) 275-9487.
Registration Confirmation: You will receive an email from Jot Form if your registration was successful. (Check your spam folder if you don’t find it.)
Full refund prior to June 10. After that date, a refund will be made if the opening in the course is filled by someone else.
- Participants must be fully vaccinated and boosted at the time of registration.
- Participants must bring a mask to class. Mask-wearing requirements will follow the University of Colorado School of Medicine, CDC, NYS, and county recommendations in effect during the course dates.
- Participants may not attend class if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID or other infectious diseases.
Questions about the class or registration/payment logistics? Email Myra Shulman: email@example.com