The Finger Lakes Land Trust (FLLT) is a non-profit conservation organization that protects more than 25,000 acres of undeveloped lakeshore, gorges, forests, meadows, and farmlands. The Land Trust owns and manages a network of nature preserves that are open to the public and holds conservation easements on properties that remain in private ownership.
The organization focuses on protecting critical habitat for fish and wildlife, conserving lands that are important for water quality, connecting existing conservation lands, and keeping prime farmland in agriculture.
The Land Trust has 16 dedicated staff members and more than 200 active volunteers.
This P/T (up to 20 hrs/week) position will report to the Director of Operations, the Bookkeeper provides bookkeeping and accounting support in the day-to-day operations of the Land Trust.
- Process invoices and prepare checks for signature as needed;
- Provide necessary staff support to Director of Operations for generation of financial reports and filing of yearly tax reports;
- Keep organized records of transactions;
- Assist with annual audit and 990 return as needed;
- Process bank deposits, including, but not limited to, gifts and rent payments;
- Reconcile monthly bank reports;
- Process expense reimbursement reports for employee expenses;
- File grant expenditure reports and payment requests as needed;
- Process accounts payable and receivable, tracking income and expenses accordingly
- Assist Director of Operations with other financial duties as needed.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks required
- Significant experience in office and financial management; nonprofit experience preferred;
- Ability to plan ahead and coordinate multiple timelines; highly organized with keen attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to, Outlook email, Excel, and word processing software;
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy, and keep confidentiality.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related field required, bachelor’s preferred.
This part-time position is located in the Land Trust’s main office in Ithaca, NY. The salary will be based on qualifications.
The Finger Lakes Land Trust is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By e-mail, please send cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com with
“Bookkeeper Position” in the subject line.
Or by mail to:
Finger Lakes Land Trust
Attn: Bookkeeper position
202 East Court Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
Position will be open until filled.