The Finger Lakes Land Trust (FLLT) is a non-profit conservation organization that protects more than 24,000 acres of undeveloped lakeshore, gorges, forests, meadows, and farmlands. The Land Trust owns and manages a network of nature preserves that are open to the public and holds conservation easements on properties that remain in private ownership.
The organization focuses on protecting critical habitat for fish and wildlife, conserving lands that are important for water quality, connecting existing conservation lands, and keeping prime farmland in agriculture.
The Land Trust has 15 dedicated staff members and more than 200 active volunteers.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support in the day-to-day operations of the Land Trust.
- Serve as initial point of contact, answer phones and greet visitors;
- Assist with filing and occasional secretarial support;
- Provide clerical support for Executive Director;
- Maintain calendar for Executive Director and assist with making appointments as needed,
- Collect time sheets and leave requests for bi-weekly payroll and assist with other duties as needed.
- Manage car scheduling
- Assist with gift processing
- Open and route incoming mail;
- Organize invoices for payment;
- Post outgoing mail and take to post office.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, including letterhead, envelopes and other supplies, as well as, organization’s literature;
- Research and track prices for supplies and equipment as needed;
- Under guidance of Director of Operations, schedule office equipment for maintenance per service agreements.
- With guidance from Senior Director, research and organize logistics associated with special events and meetings, including options and contracts for meeting space, caterers, equipment rental, and other logistics;
- Obtain necessary certificates, approvals, and permits;
- Maintain RSVP lists as needed.
Board of Directors:
- Schedule, organize, prepare, and send materials for bi-monthly Board meetings and semi-annual Advisory Council meetings;
- Secure meeting space and food for Board meetings, with guidance from Senior Director;
- Prepare, update, and maintain board orientation materials, board contact lists, bios, and reference materials.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus;
- Significant experience in office and financial management; nonprofit experience preferred;
- Ability to plan ahead and coordinate multiple timelines; highly organized with keen attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to, Outlook e-mail, Excel, and word processing software;
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy.
- NYS Driver’s License required;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred;
This full-time position is located in the Land Trust’s main office in Ithaca, NY. The salary will be based on qualifications and includes competitive benefits.
The Finger Lakes Land Trust is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By e-mail, please send cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com with
“Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Or by mail to:
Finger Lakes Land Trust
Attn: Administrative Assistant position
202 East Court Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
Position will be open until filled.